Entry- level position for the exciting, rapidly growing renewable energy sector.
Stride Renewables is a team of industry experts looking to accelerate the renewable energy transition through meaningful engagement across the public and private sectors. We are looking for a new Project Manager to join our dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team.
Project Managers play a vital role in delivering excellent outcomes to Stride’s clients, which include many leading renewable energy companies. Our Project Managers work closely with senior staff to solve problems for our clients and deliver quality work. Stride is big on flexibility and staff development: this is an excellent chance to progress your career by working with industry leaders on ground-breaking projects while building relationships and the skills needed to exceed the expectations of clients and senior staff.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
- Working closely with clients to deliver their expected outcomes, including attending and managing regular meetings and workshops.
- Establishing and managing the tools for monitoring and reporting a project’s progress.
- Assembling and coordinating project staff to complete tasks on schedule.
- Managing specific projects. This may include defining project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Helping project leaders deliver projects and meet goals in a supportive and energetic manner.
- Managing project budgets, resourcing and deliverables, including providing regular project reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Where required, identifying, managing and mitigating risks via a risk management plan.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders, consultants and contractors to deliver projects.
- Providing leadership to achieve goals, problem solve and improve work throughout projects.
- Developing business cases and feasibility studies for renewable energy solutions, including financial modelling, risk assessment, and stakeholder engagement.
- Preparing and presenting reports and proposals to clients and senior management, highlighting the benefits and impacts of renewable energy initiatives.
- Collaborating with engineers, project leaders and other consultants to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends, developments, and best practice in the renewable energy sector.
Ideally, our Project Managers will have:
- Strong leadership skills to ensure project delivery and contract requirements are rigorously managed, controlled, scheduled, within budget and executed in accordance with the projects and risk frameworks.
- Highly developed interpersonal communication and negotiating skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels (including senior staff), and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Project management experience in large project delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with managing external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing project budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of renewable energy technologies, policies, trends, and challenges.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically as required by project needs.
- Highly proficient skills in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience in the Australian energy sector.
- More than three years’ experience in the renewable energy industry, or other relevant consultancy.
- Experience with GIS or other mapping programs.
- NSW location preferred, although applications from other states will be accepted.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Economics/Science/Commerce or other relevant degree.
About Stride Renewables
Stride is a boutique advisory firm led by energy experts who help clients navigate the regulatory, commercial and technical challenges inherent in the energy market, and capitalise on opportunities.
Stride’s deep experience in renewable energy stretches across both national and international issues, in areas including policy, planning, network connections, finance, construction, engineering, stakeholder engagement, communications and development.
Our broad knowledge and experience allow us to provide clarity and insight, quickly identifying problems and opportunities, eliminating obstacles and presenting winning solutions. We provide tailored and focused strategic advice and services.
Our team of renewable energy experts has a reputation for delivering, with more than six decades of cumulative experience in the industry. Join us!
Stride’s technical knowledge, experience and connections bring players together into collaborative partnerships to help others succeed.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and conditions
- An opportunity to work with industry leaders on ground-breaking projects
- Opportunities for career and personal development
- Flexible work and ability to work from home
- A dynamic and fast-paced working environment
- A supportive team environment
- Diversity and inclusion
- A focus on wellbeing
How to Apply & Closing Date
For further information about this role, contact email@example.com.
To apply, send a cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 May 2023.