Entry-level position for the exciting, rapidly growing renewables sector in Australia.
Stride Renewables is a team of industry experts looking to accelerate the renewable energy transition through meaningful engagement across the public and private sectors. We are looking for a new Renewable Energy Analyst to join our dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team.
Renewable Energy Analysts analyse information to allow Stride to provide high-quality information and advice to clients, improving insight and understanding in the renewable field. Our Analysts work closely with senior staff members to deliver quality work for our clients. Stride is big on flexibility and staff development: this is an excellent chance to progress your career by working with industry leaders on ground-breaking projects while building relationships and the skills needed to exceed the expectations of clients and senior staff.
The Renewable Energy Analyst is responsible for:
- Helping staff analyse renewable energy projects to allow Stride to provide high-quality advice to its clients, which includes many of the blue-chip investors in renewables.
This support may include:
- Technical and/or commercial analysis of a project within the wider energy market.
- Basic financial analysis of project options.
- Analysis and incorporation of expert advice from third parties on matters such as biodiversity, cultural heritage and electrical constraints.
- GIS mapping of Australia’s electricity system and our clients’ projects.
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with team members across Stride’s various business areas to allow understanding of their objectives and needs.
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders to discuss and clarify project details and requirement.
- Participating in discovery and analysis activities to ensure we understand and are solving the right problem.
- Assisting in the preparation of business documents and materials e.g. business cases, project plans, reports, presentations, figures and graphics.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement solutions to solve problems and unlock opportunities.
- The ability to analyse business needs to suit strategic and operational planning outcomes.
- Experience producing artefacts such as epics, user stories, acceptance criteria and process flows.
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-discipline teams.
- The ability to rapidly learn new systems, processes and apply this knowledge.
- Proficient in data gathering and analysis, modelling, and visualisation tools (Excel, QGIS, Python, MS suite).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to convey complex information to diverse audiences, both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of renewable energy technologies, policies, trends, and challenges.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with the ability to identify and evaluate business opportunities and risks in the renewable energy market.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically as required by project needs.
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, client service and delivery.
- Experience in a consulting business.
- Experience in the New South Wales policy landscape.
- NSW location preferred, although applications from other states will be accepted.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or commerce, with a demonstrated interest in renewable energy or other relevant field (economics, business administration, etc.).
About Stride Renewables
Stride is a boutique advisory firm led by energy experts who help clients navigate the regulatory, commercial and technical challenges inherent in the energy market, and capitalise on opportunities.
Stride’s deep experience in renewable energy stretches across both national and international issues, in areas including policy, planning, network connections, finance, construction, engineering, stakeholder engagement, communications and development.
Our broad knowledge and experience allow us to provide clarity and insight, quickly identify problems and opportunities, eliminate obstacles and present winning solutions. We provide tailored and focused strategic advice and services.
Our team of renewable energy experts has a reputation for delivering, with more than six decades of cumulative experience in the industry. Join us!
Stride’s technical knowledge, experience and connections bring players together into collaborative partnerships to help others succeed.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and conditions
- An opportunity to work with industry leaders on ground-breaking projects
- Opportunities for career and personal development
- Flexible work and ability to work from home
- Dynamic and fast-paced environment
- A supportive team environment
- Diversity and inclusion
- A focus on wellbeing
How to Apply & Closing Date
For further information about this role, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by 26 May 2023.